BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

[Need a Sherlock to my Dupin] When Edgar Allan Poe steals the spotlight

Argyle Socks

Job : Being worn, of course.
    Hobbies : Laundry. Ironic, isn't it?

[Need a Sherlock to my Dupin] When Edgar Allan Poe steals the spotlight

Post by Argyle Socks on Wed May 14, 2014 11:56 am

Okay, so I've been reading the detective fictions of Edgar Allan Poe, and I have the sudden urge to just role play out a little idea I had in my mind. So in light of BBC taking Sherlock into the Modern era, I thought, why not the same for C. Auguste Dupin? [ In fact, I already found a good playby for him, Louis Garrel ]

In the modern day and age, I would imagine Dupin as a private investigator of sorts. He operates on a more moral basis, and is primarily a critical thinker, using skills of abductive reasoning and ratiocination to draw conclusions. As he was in the stories, Dupin would be in the Légion d'honneur, and thus a Chevalier. Maybe he'd lecture about criminology to Universities and Colleges. Just a thought.

By no means is he a popular man. He'd be more of Paris's one hit wonder. Since like Poe's stories, the most notable was "The Murders in the Rue Morgue", and even that is seldom read. Not to mention his companion, who narrates the stories, is anonymous to the reader. (Maybe Dupin never asked the guy's name? Or maybe he just keeps forgetting xD)

As far as the story goes for the detective pair, I would like to collaborate with whoever is interested. I only have a rough idea, a serial killer with an Angel of Mercy aspect to him/her. Maybe a doctor, maybe a lonely man/woman looking for love, or maybe the receptionist at a hospital. Let's see what we can come up with!

If you like OCs, then maybe you'd like to check out this RP idea instead! http://sherlockrp.forumstopic.com/t906-someone-needed-tech-support Thanks for taking a look c:

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:09 pm