BBC Sherlock Roleplay Forum

Be any character you like. It doesn't matter how many Sherlocks, Johns or Jims we have as we can all have slightly different usernames and RP using different topics. Just remember to name your RP topics so we can distinguish between them. Have fun!

Greetings to you

InsanityxSmiles

Greetings to you

Post by InsanityxSmiles on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Hello, I'm Shay, or Smiles, depending on what you want to call me. I'm a new fan of the Sherlock series- got to admit I did it on purpose- waiting to start a series I knew I was going to love until the new season was about to start. Yet, despite being only two-weeks a fan, I've watched it a few times, because I find the show utterly fascinating.

Now, I've yet to try to attempt any Sherlock roleplays as of yet, but the kind of roleplay I'd be interested in is somewhat vast. So far, I have a duo of OCs I could play, but I'm entirely willing to try characters from the actual show- just untested with them is all.

So, once more hello ^_^
    His-Doctor

Job : Assistant to Sherlock Holmes
    Hobbies : Reading, Blogging.

Re: Greetings to you

Post by His-Doctor on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi,

Well, welcome to the fandom despite your newness if you love the show that's enough for you to feel at home with us here. It is fascinating. I think you'll find the more you watch the more you will pick up on all the subtle stuff too.

Being here rp-ing is a very good way to pass the time productively during the hiatus between each series. All I can say is dive in, if there's an idea you want to develop as a roleplay stick an advert in the Adverts section saying who you want to play and which character/s you need.

Enjoy
    allonsysherlocklove

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : The Work, playing violin, insulting Anderson

Post by allonsysherlocklove on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi there!

Welcome to the Sherlock fandom, where we're nearly always on hiatus!

Ooo, new OCs. That's always cool. So, I usually play John or Sherlock, so it'll be interesting to see how you incorporate them.

Any other characters you're thinking about playing? Just curious.

Enjoy! I find RP to be a fun combination of improvisational acting and fanfic writing, and I LOVE every second of it!
    InsanityxSmiles

Post by InsanityxSmiles on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Thank you for your quick welcomes! Seriously, thanks for making me feel welcome ^_^ As for characters I'll play- it depends on what's needed! I can pick up characters fairly, though I might take extra time to try and make them as cannon as possible- which might not always succeed, sadly.

As for my OCs, I'm leaning more towards playing my new characters I kinda developed trying to make it an easier sync for Sherlock, or one of my many badies I enjoy creating.
    allonsysherlocklove

Job : Consulting Detective
    Hobbies : The Work, playing violin, insulting Anderson

Post by allonsysherlocklove on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 pm

Awesomesauce. OCs can be freaking awesome. I mean, look at Molly. She's Gatiss and Moffat's OC, and she's freaking badass. As for non-canon stuff, that's what AU's for. I'm currently doing one where Sherlock Holmes is a woman. God, I love Fem!lock. It's kind of my guilty pleasure. And baddies are fun too! I love Moriarty and all, but sometimes he gets to be a bit old.
    .....so sorry if I'm rambling. It tends to happen when I'm tired. Or stressed. Or just otherwise preoccupied.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for you in the adverts. You can take a look at my stuff if you want. This is my Sherlock account, and my John account is jawnofthejam.
    InsanityxSmiles

Post by InsanityxSmiles on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:44 pm

I'll gladly do so! I'm actually working on an advert right now, and if you're still interested after I make my post, please feel free to hit me up! I'll be checking on your things soon- just don't want to forget my train of thought!
    Sherlock.

Job : Being me.
    Hobbies : Playing violin, research, annoying John.

Post by Sherlock. on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Me again, His-Doctor, that's my John account. This is my Sherlock account.
    InsanityxSmiles

Post by InsanityxSmiles on Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Great! Gimmie a tic and I'll figure out how to favorite you guys
    Sydney-Harrison

Job : Whatever the highest bidder asks me to do
    Hobbies : I dabble in a bit of everything

Post by Sydney-Harrison on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Hey Always good to see new faces.
    InsanityxSmiles